This foot is sometimes called "applique" foot. It is particularly suited for embroidery with decorative stitches, satin stitches, applique and couching fine yarns.
Part Number: 008 451 7200
- The bottom of the foot has a wedge shaped indentation, which allows even satin stitching to glide under the foot without dragging. The angle in the indentation makes it possible to turn curves easily
- The toes of the foot are shorter, compared to a regular zigzag foot, for greater maneuverability while sewing (you can turn the fabric more easily for smoother stitching lines, an important asset when embellishing fabric
- There is a small hole in the metal bridge at the front of the foot which allows a narrow cord to be guided perfectly down the center of the stitching for raised edges and applique
- In lighter weight fabrics, the metal bridge of Foot #6 provides additional fabric control and helps prevent tunneling
- There is a notch on each side of the foot providing a reference mark for the needle. This makes it possible to easily position the fabric "on the mark" when stitching decorative work.
Fits all the modern electronic models like Artista, Aurora, Virtuosa & Activa.
This foot does not fit old mechanical Bernina machines including Bernina 1008.